How to deal with morning sickness?
When you’re pregnant, it’s not just morning sickness that can drag you down. It’s also the lack of sleep and indigestion from all the food your growing baby is demanding. All of this makes you feel like a zombie during waking hours. It is not only uncomfortable but it also prevents you from eating and lead to weight loss, dehydration, and anemia. This blog post offers some advice on how to tackle morning sickness during pregnancy without feeling too overwhelmed by the process. Therefore, we prepared for you a few tips you can follow to help alleviate yourself from it.
- Try eating smaller, more frequent meals.
- Drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated.
- Avoid greasy and spicy food.
- Take a break from caffeine for the first trimester (some women can drink decaf coffee).
- Eat healthy foods like fruit, vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, low-fat dairy products. Visit our blog for more nutrition information.
- Drink ginger tea to soothe your stomach.
- Eat bananas for the potassium and fiber they provide.
- Talk to your doctor about morning sickness relief medication if you can’t get it under control on your own.
- Consider taking a prenatal vitamin with DHA (a nutrient important for brain development) while pregnant because this will help ease morning sickness symptoms in the long run!
- Get plenty of rest.
- Purchase an FDA approved wristband.
Morning sickness is a common problem for pregnant women, so don’t despair. It can be difficult to manage nausea while preparing meals, going grocery shopping or even just sitting at work. If you are interested in learning more about what we do here at Here is Baby, please contact us and book an appointment today at Here is Baby! We would love to meet you, your baby and your family.